Tuesday, October 4, 2011

For your entertainment



Last week's class discussion on "the kiss", and Sherry Turkle's quote: "As human beings becoming increasingly intertwined with the technology and with each other via the technology, old distinctions between what is specifically human and specifically technological become more complex" (Turkle 298 )reminded me of this recent episode of The Big Bang Theory. Warning-mature (yet immature) subject matter. I am pretty surprised they got away with this entire scene on network TV-on CBS no less!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the clip. You really made me laugh at midnight.

    I believe that the CMC kissing machine really have their own market segmentation: international students with long-distance relationship. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. This is awesome. Crazy how we talked about this in class last week and they had an episode of it. I think the kissing machine alone is just a little weird, but if you add some visual and audio into the system it can be a little more realistic (e.g. video chatting or on the phone maybe).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is great!
    I had no idea about this clip before i showed the kissing thing last week.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is SO funny!
    Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete